Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 9 - Tuesday, August 25, 2009


I have heard from a dear friend today. Our paths took us in very different directions back in 2001, but I still feel very close to her. Judy and I worked flowers in the trenches of San Francisco's retail shops. Both of us eventually graduated from retail to events. While I opted out for flowers for a desk job, Judy returned to her native Philadelphia and started her own design studio. She is an inspiration to me and I think her work is beyond fabulous. She incorporates some cutting edge design techniques to design decor for events and weddings. Congratulations Judy on your success!
Here is the link for Judy Campbell's blog... http://cambellstudiosevents.blogspot.com/
The pic today is of me making the bridal bouquet for my cousin's wedding in Lincoln, NE back in June. This bouquet was featured in it's finished form on the blog a couple of days ago. I look pretty calm in the picture, but believe me I was somewhat stressed as creating the bouquet for a family member is all that much more demanding of my attention. I want it to be special and as near perfect as possible. Thanks again to Devin, Jordan, Karen, and Mark for having me be a part of their special day in June.
So, who loves white roses? I do for one, in fact white flowers are my favorite color field. My ideal combination for a bouquet I think would be all white, with some variegated foliage's, but light on the foliage. White flowers that I would bring together for my ideal bouquet would be of course roses, Eskimo or Vendella, then Lily of the Valley, Stephanotis, freesia, bouvardia, and lisianthus. All of these white flowers whether in nosegay or cascade form would be my ideal "white bouquet".
I would be very interested to hear what every one's favorite color field is, and what combination of flowers would make up your ideal bouquet. So, lets hear from you all.
Royal Wedding Tidbit of the Day... On April 26, 1923 The Duke of York (later King George VI) married Elizabeth Bowes Lyon (later Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother) in Westminster Abbey, London. As the soon to be Duchess of York made her way down the long aisle of the Abbey, marching toward the altar, she placed her bouquet on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior. Her daughter Princess Elizabeth (The current Monarch), Princess Diana, Sarah, Duchess of York, and I believe the other royal brides followed suit and had their bouquets laid at the tomb as well after their own weddings.
Until Tomorrow... Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment