Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Catch Up Blog Post


It has been some days since the last post, just wanted to check in and catch up. My Mother has been ill this past couple of days, so I haven't been home in the evenings, out of town really and at the hospital a lot. I am sure things are going to be o.k.
I have some really faithful followers, and I wanted them to have something new to read when they stop in.
The pic today is one of the daughters of Lord Louis Mountbatten, he was uncle to Prince Fillip and a cousin to the queen. So sorry to post a pic without the backup research, but I find myself away from my research materials, I promise to post again soon with more info on the people in this picture. However, easy to spot is the Queen Mother seated to the left of the bride. The flowers, I think it looks like a nosegay of all lily of the valley and maybe gypsophilia (baby's breath, yuck) or some similar small white flower. and the little bridesmaids are all wearing floral crowns and carrying very small nosegays of the same flower.
Royal Wedding Tidbit of the day... in this picture... double click on the image to see a very closeup version... that is Princess Anne and Prince Charles, both seated on the floor to the far right lower corner of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment