Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Royal Bouquets... Countdown To The Big Day.

What big day you say?  Well, April 29th of course, when we will see Prince William marry Miss Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey in London.  I am looking forward to this event for many reasons.  Honestly though there is one reason in particular that is holding my fascination.  The big question for me is what will the bouquet look like, and what flowers will be used for Kate to carry.  Also, I am intriqued by what design will be used.  I realize that the design will rely heavily on what the dress will look like, and of course we wont know what the dress will look like until Kate steps out of the carriage at the abbey.  So, we will all have to wait, and wait, and wait.

As we countdown the days, I thought I woud feature or re-feature some of the royal bouquets or near-royal bouquets of the past.  I realize that I have not given a lot of attention to the Duchess of Cornwall, so, today I will post a pic of Camilla's bouquet which she carried at the blessing ceremony after her civil marriage ceremony to Prince Charles.  The blessing ceremony took place at the centuries old St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in 2005.
Camilla's bouquet consisted of Lily of the Valley and primroses in a variety of colors, all of which complimented the blueish, silver, and gold tones of her gown.  From this picture, we can see that the bouquet's construction is of a traditional wired technique, evidenced by the narrow carrying handle.  It was a lovely, and often overlooked royal wedding bouquet.  And, I am sure very fragrant with it containing such and abundance of Lily of the Valley.

Royal Wedding Tid-bit of the day... The flowers for Camilla's bridal bouquet (her second one), are said to have been grown in the gardens of Prince Charles's estate, Highgrove.  One wonders if Prince Charles possibly had been talking to these particular flowers to ensure their cooperation on the wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment