Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 10, 2009


Hi Everyone, just a short posting tonight before heading off to bed...
All white, and all one kind of flower, I like this look a lot. It can be all white roses, all white lilies, or tulips, or orchids, or Lily of the Valley, or stephanotis... but, you don't see this look in royal weddings... and I am wondering why not. Maybe because the royals choose traditional arrangements of white flowers for their bridal bouquets. This all one flower, one color thing seems to be a newer trend in wedding flowers... brides are wanting what I have heard a thousand times... "I want something simple, but elegant." These all one color all one flower surely fit that description. I have to say that I like both looks, "all one flower/color" and a mixed assortment just about the same. For me, it would really depend on the general formality factor of the wedding, that would determine the choice between the two styles. Also, I have heard it said that the one color/one flower shows a lack of imagination on the part of the floral designer. Conversely, I have also heard it said that going with the traditional white mix shows equal lack of initiative by the designer. Most times, I found it easier to let the bride determine between the options. At that point the designer can say that the customer/bride was definitely satisfied.
Royal Wedding Tidbit for the day... When Sarah Selleh married Crown Prince Al-Muhatadee Billah of Brunei in September 2004, Sarah's bouquet didn't contain a single flower! However, it contained gold and blue diamonds in settings shaped like flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment